Sunday, September 18, 2011

Ballroom Blitz

I just had my first ballroom competition this past Saturday. It was very scary, but so much fun. I absolutely love ballroom dancing. Knowing the moves and the time of your steps is very important...but don't forget the shoes... if your feet are hurting, I can guarantee you will not be able to dance. Let alone enjoy it!

What style I danced? Standard: waltz and tango and Latin (cha cha cha and jive). what shoes I wore? Latin shoes: scarlet, sassy and made to move - what is not to love? The perfect party shoe makes your heart dance before your feet do. It is true!

Did you know that the native American Hopi tribe had a saying: "To watch us dance is to hear our hearts speak." What more encouragement could a girl need to slip on her favorite pair of (dancing) shoes?

Maybe sometimes, just sometimes, you want your shoes to be so high, so slim-fitting, and so precarious that it is your companion who can hardly breathe... so parisienne - isn't it? I wish they could be "that" hight for ballroom competition.

I had to wear closed toe for the standard competition or I can put it this way: renowned courtesan, super spy and seductress extraordinaire, the legendary Mata Hari knew the value of a ballroom "slipper"; she said, "the dance is a poem of which each movement is a word." So inspirational!

Walk to happiness - ruffles, ties, and a touch of textured pattern can't fail a lift of the spirits.

Fall in love...

~ BSB ~ www.brazilianshoebox.com

No comments:

Post a Comment